1/08/2011

The Ultimate Question

Do you have a boyfriend?
Okay.
This is a sensitive question for a 20 something.
Just like when you're 30 something,
and people keep asking you
when will you get married.
This question is often asked to you by
family and friends.
Is it really important to know that someone
is in a relationship or not?
When we are hate being asked of this,
we are also love asking it to others.

The problem with this question is,
whether your answer is yes or no,
there are always another questions that follows it.

When you say Yes, I am in a relationship.
Another question asked is WHO, WHEN, WHERE, HOW?
They are suddenly interested in your love story.
You are officially a celebrity love couple now.
Congrats.

When you say No, I am not in a relationship.
Another question asked is WHY?
Just like something is wrong with you,
and they want to know it.
Are you too picky?
Are you bla bla bla?
You are officially a desperate single.
Congrats.

The best way to handle such questions is
answering it firm.
Whether you are single or not,
you know what best for yourself.

As for me, there are only single and married.
So before I say I do,
I will always be a single lady.
And I proud of it.

Ps. Happy Sunday reader!

2 comments:

  1. Can't agree more!!
    Hope that I've the strength to be proud like u..

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will if you choose to be one :)
    thanks anyway!

    ReplyDelete